Productions & Touring
As well as playing host to many of the country’s leading performers and companies, Theatre Royal has built a worthy reputation for producing its own in-house quality dramas and productions including the ever popular annual pantomime. In recent years the Theatre has produced and/or toured several main productions each year.
Previous National Tours
Usually taking place during the Spring, we have produced a variety of productions, including a number of world premieres, played in Bury St Edmunds and then toured to middle-scale theatres across the UK. Recent productions have included:
- Spring 2017 – Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, adapted by Tim Luscombe and directed by Karen Simpson
- Spring 2016 – Invincible by Torben Betts, directed by Christopher Harper (Co-Produced with Original Theatre Company)
- Spring 2015 – Sign of the Times by Tim Firth, directed by Karen Simpson
- Autumn 2014 and Spring 2015 – Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jermone, adapted & directed by Craig Gilbert (Co-Produced with Original Theatre Company)
Other Productions & Collaborations
In addition to the above, the Theatre has been highly successful in forging new creative partnerships. Co-production partners in recent years have included Menagerie, Two Bit Classics and the Northcott Theatre Exeter. For more information about the Theatre’s future touring and production plans please get in touch with Natalie Sinnadurai, Programming and Production Administrator, email@example.com or tel. 01284 829944.
Theatre Royal does all its production casting through Spotlight so please submit via their website.
Suitable for anyone aged from three to ninety three, Theatre Royal has built an enormous reputation for its annual in-house produced traditional Christmas pantomime attracting audiences of around 20,000. Recent productions have included:
- Christmas 2016 – Beauty and The Beast by Chris Hannon, directed by Karen Simpson
- Christmas 2015 – Jack & The Beanstalk by Chris Hannon, directed by Karen Simpson
- Christmas 2014 – Cinderella by Peter Duncan, directed by Karen Simpson
- Christmas 2013 – Aladdin by Daniel O’Brien, directed by Tim Welton