Whether you are travelling by car or public transport you will find all the information you need to ensure a smooth journey into Bury St Edmunds, and most importantly to the Theatre Royal.
Visiting By Road
- Bury St Edmunds is located just off the A14 east of Cambridge and west of Ipswich. From the Midlands or the East Coast, follow the A14.
- From London, take the M25 and M11/A11 then A14 heading east (sign-posted Newmarket/Ipswich/Felixstowe).
- Approaching from the west, take the third exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn right at the large roundabout towards the town centre.
- Approaching from the east, take the first exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn left at the traffic-lights towards the town centre.
- Go straight over the mini-roundabout and then right at the next roundabout into Southgate Street.
- Follow the road for 500 yards and you will join the one way system (Maynewater Lane). Go up the hill and turn to the left into Westgate Street.
- The Theatre is on your left, opposite the Greene King Brewery Museum.
Open 90 mins before a performance Greene King’s staff Car Park is available for evening and weekend performances only. It is not available for weekday matinees. There are 125 space available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that entrance to the car park is not be permitted before 90 mins prior to a performance.
Payable at the barrier on entry (advance booking is not possible)
Post Code: IP33 3PB
Access to the Greene King Car Park is via Cullum Road and will be signed from there.
Access to the theatre is via a well-lit path (c.200 metres) leading up to the back of the Greene Room foyer
There are 13 steps to ascend in order to get into the Greene Room foyer. We regret there is no access from the Car Park for customers in wheelchairs, we recommend dropping off at the front of the Theatre on Westgate Street.
We are unable to accommodate large coaches or buses in the Greene King Car Park.
Theatre Royal marshals will be on hand but will not be responsible for either your vehicle or its contents whilst it is in the car-park. We would like to extend our thanks to Greene King for making this service possible.
For weekday matinees the nearest car parks to the Theatre can be found at Premier Inn (only available 7am-6pm) about a 5 minute walk away and Ram Meadow and the Cattle Market, both about a 15 minute walk away.
Bury St Edmunds Railway Station is on Station Hill and is twenty minutes walk from the Theatre, connecting to Cambridge, Ipswich and the London-Norwich line. Enquiries/Reservations: 08457 484950 or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
The Bus Station is on St Andrews Street North, 10 minutes walk from the theatre. In addition to local services it is serviced by National Express coach connections from all over the country. Enquiries/Reservations: 01284 702020
- A1 Cars: 01284 766777
- Premier Cars: 01284 704004
- United Cars: 01284 762288