Whether you are travelling by car or public transport you will find all the information you need to ensure a smooth journey into Bury St Edmunds, and most importantly to the Theatre Royal.
- Bury St Edmunds is located just off the A14 east of Cambridge and west of Ipswich. From the Midlands or the East Coast, follow the A14.
- From London, take the M25 and M11/A11 then A14 heading east (sign-posted Newmarket/Ipswich/Felixstowe).
- Approaching from the west, take the third exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn right at the large roundabout towards the town centre.
- Approaching from the east, take the first exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn left at the traffic-lights towards the town centre.
- Go straight over the mini-roundabout and then right at the next roundabout into Southgate Street.
- Follow the road for 500 yards and you will join the one way system (Maynewater Lane). Go up the hill and turn to the left into Westgate Street.
- The Theatre is on your left, opposite the Greene King Brewery Museum.
We are delighted to be able to offer our customers the use of Greene King’s staff car-park for evening and all weekend performances. Post Code: IP33 3PB The Greene King car-park is accessed via Cullum Road and will be signed from there. Open 90 minutes before performances are due to begin, the cost is £2, payable at the barrier on entry (advance booking is not possible). We have 125 spaces available which will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Theatre Royal marshals will be on hand but will not be responsible for either your vehicle or its contents whilst it is in the car-park. Access to the Theatre is via a well-lit path (c.200 metres) leading up to the back of the Greene Room foyer (please note there are 13 steps to ascend in order to get into the Greene Room). We regret there is no access from the car-park for customers in wheelchairs and we are unable to accommodate large coaches or buses. We would like to extend our thanks to Greene King for making this service possible. Please note the Greene King car-park is not available for weekday matinees. For directions to get to the Greene King car park click here. For weekday daytime performances the nearest car parks to the Theatre can be found at Premier Inn (only available 7am-6pm) about a 5 minute walk away and Ram Meadow and the Cattle Market, both about a 15 minute walk away. For more information about car parks in Bury St Edmunds please click here.
Bury St Edmunds Railway Station is on Station Hill and is twenty minutes walk from the Theatre, connecting to Cambridge, Ipswich and the London-Norwich line. Enquiries/Reservations: 08457 484950 or visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
The Bus Station is on St Andrews Street North, 10 minutes walk from the Theatre. In addition to local services it is serviced by National Express coach connections from all over the country. Enquiries/Reservations: 01284 702020
- A1 Cars: 01284 766777
- Premier Cars: 01284 704004
- United Cars: 01284 762288